A thought for the New Year

Seen in a coffee shop:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, WOO HOO! What a ride!”

I like the part about the chocolate best.

To friends,family and all my faithful followers: a happy, blessed, safe (but not too safe) y prospero nuevo ano.

7 Responses to A thought for the New Year

1. Serena 7 January, 2014 at 12:10 am #

Wondering how you’re making out, where u r and when we’ll see u again. We’re glad to be “home” though our photos remind us of many very good times–xmas dinner and star gazing with u, Keith and Maria. Hope to c u in gto.

2. Maria 2 January, 2014 at 1:29 am #

My takeaways are: Chocolate (in every situation is the best answer) and “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention” love this – great food for thought at the beginning of a new year.

• Kate Convissor 2 January, 2014 at 4:51 pm #

Coffee shop wisdom. Best I can do right now. But, yeah, chocolate anytime–preferably with a latte.

3. Dan Pierson 1 January, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

Happy New Year! Thinking of you as you begin your journey. Be well, be safe, enjoy the chocolate. Dan

• Kate Convissor 1 January, 2014 at 10:10 pm #

Y prospero ano nuevo a ti, mi amigo. But, hey! I’ve been here a month! I’m well into the thing.

Tell Margaret she (and you) MUST go to Costa Rica or someplace nice and warm and “amable” down here. It’s delightful. Plus, the Spanish practice is intense.

4. Joe Todd 1 January, 2014 at 4:40 pm #

1. Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

2. The second mouse gets the cheese.

3. Save the earth….. It’s the only planet with chocolate!

• Kate Convissor 1 January, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SOOO much better than my “found” quote. And you made it all up. That’s it, I’m sleeping late tomorrow with a bar of chocolate under my pillow.